Thursday, October 16, 2008

Christmas with daddy 1996



These are Christmas pictures out of my scrapbook of me,my sister,dad,and brother at daddy's Christmas get-together at his house in 1996. We had our family Christmas party earlier than usual that year because we knew it was going to be my papaw's last one.(my daddy's dad) The doctor's told him that he only had 2 weeks left. He went to the doctor complaining of heartburn and they found cancer. It was the saddest Christmas ever. We had the party on Dec.3rd and he went to Heaven on Dec.16th. I know ya'll were not expecting such a sad post on my Christmas blog...however it does have a happy ending. My papaw is in heaven with Jesus waiting for the rest of his family to join him. And we will one day!


3 comments:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

I am glad you were able to have that special early Christmas with your Papaw that year.
And you have your sweet memories, and the hope of being together again one sweet day.
(((((hugs)))))
Becca

The Urban Chic said...

What a wonderful Christmas story. Not many people get that chance to have an early Christmas. We did also last year and my dad died the day after Christmas.It's going to take me weeks to get my started again. Wish I would have just left it up. Oh well. Looking forward to keeping up---I love Christmas because it's the celebration of a new birth and beginning for all of us and even though it's been commericilized so much,(I'm guilty), I still remember the real reason for it. Hugs,Pat

One Shabby Old House said...

My granny passed away on Christmas.
She was just called up there to help with dinner.lol
Becky